Module 1: Developing Ideas for Social Documentaries – We begin with a short introduction in the theories of social change, the role of civil society in policymaking, and how activists can harness the power of visuals to motivate others. Here you will learn how to research subjects, write proposals, and find solutions.
Module 2: Planning and Controlling the Social Documentary Production – Here you will dive deeper, learning how to work with real people as opposed to actors. You will learn all aspects of production such as scheduling, location, planning, etc.
Module 3: Technical Aspects of Screen Content Creation – You will gain technical skills and feel confident using cameras, lighting, and sound to give your documentary a professional feel.
Module 4: Post-Production Know-How – Our final module provides you with everything you need to know in terms of editing and promoting your documentary. You will take into consideration the audience and outreach, as well as how best to utilize social media to publicize your film.
Ready to get rolling? Then Join us here!
Courses are available in English, French, German, Greek, and Italian.
Course is FREE. No prior experience necessary.
- 4 Modules – including theory, activities, quizzes, and more.
- Each Module contains additional learning resources.
- Learn online at your own pace.
- Level: Beginner
- Registered participants get unlimited course access until 2025.
- Participants receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- Make your documentary visible through the free ENACTING Participatory Media Lab.
- Meet, interact, and exchange with professional documentary film makers as well as other participants from around the world.
- Join us for the free ENACTING Digital Festival – where selected documentaries will be presented and discussed by the experts.
Stay tuned for new information!